Monday, October 1, 2007

"What do YOU think you should do?"

"Me? I think you should TEACH ME!"


Have you ever had a boss or a supervisor who knows good and well that you don't have all the knowledge they do, but they still expect you to know the answer?

I have been doing this job for 10 years, yet I have minimal training. There are courses that teach this trade, yet my boss hasn't seen a reason to send me to any class. There are a TON of details I am unfamiliar with, but I'm still supposed to know the answer to every question. I wouldn't mind knowing how to do more, but I cannot teach myself. I have tried, but this is a demanding trade and not all the answers are printed in the "Rule Book" we have to go by.

I remain limited in what I can produce at my job. So when I ask a specific question to which I don't KNOW the answer, it's because YOU DO and I NEED TO KNOW!

No comments: