Monday, January 28, 2008

Quick trip to Charleston...

I finally got time to make a whirlwind trip to Charleston. I have wanted to shoot the new Bridge since it's opening, but never had a chance. I would have loved to get some photos while the old bridges remained, but timing wouldn't allow.

I know the one shot is what everyone gets, because the Yorktown offers a great overall view, so that one isn't so spectacular. The other shot I wanted to be different. So I drove around some looking for another angle. I tried to get something unique. As for searches online, I have not found one with the angle I was able to get. I set the exposure for 30 seconds, and framed what I thought would make a good shot. Look closely and you can see the lights of the ship that was passing under the bridge as the shutter was open. (I'm surprised I didn't get arrested for tresspassing to get this one.)

The final shot was also 30 seconds, but the top of the fountain was too dark. So I opened the shutter again, and ran around the side, out of view of the lens, and pointed my tiny LED flashlight at the top.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thinking. Turned out really good. Hey, you should be a photographer.






Sunshine

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Really really good! Keep it up!