Thursday, March 13, 2008

Henderson County's Finest

As I went to lunch today I passed over the interstate on Crest Rd. There were two Henderson County Deputies standing on the overpass. As I approached, slowly of course, one of them leaned down and pointed what appeared to be a radar gun at traffic on Interstate 26 below. And he was between two "exit" signs. He was not visible at all from the road below. The other raised as walkie-talkie as if he was speaking into it.

Now, this may seem normal to some people, but it really burned me up! I have spent time in Law Enforcement. I was actually at the state level, not the county. I find these deputies methods extremely questionable. I would have to do some research to confirm this, but I distinctly remember being taught as a Trooper that we were NOT to "hide" in order to "catch a speeder." Many co-workers did, and wrote hundreds of speeding tickets a month. I cannot justify this in my own mind. Granted, people speed. But hiding to catch them, when you can sit on the side of the road in plain sight and STILL "catch" them, seems quite questionable to me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busted! The cops that is