Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Meatloaf - the Artist, not the recipe!

OK, so here are some random thoughts...

There are apparently a lot of people who are unfamiliar with the Artist known as "Meatloaf." I don't know when I first heard of him, but I enjoy his musical styles. His voice has a great range, and he has amazing control over it. While his style of music is known as rock, and often classified as hard rock, I find it quite interesting and enjoyable. One of the main reasons I like his music so much is how dramatic his songs are. They are well written, quite creative and well-scored.

Below is a video of one of his songs from the seventies. It's called "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights." After that is a video of a new AT&T commercial which shows how Meatloaf's music is standing strong through the years. I personally believe his music is still being played because it was so well done originally.

More about Meatloaf can be found at Wikipedia.











Here is an interesting video of his song "The Monster is Loose"
Listen closely to the tremendous dynamics in this song!!