Friday, August 22, 2008

First, let me say...this is MY OPINION! I am not trying to start an all-out-war-of-words with anyone.
Secondly...you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
Third...as a former law enforcement officer - prior to states issuing concealed carry permits - I fully support the rights of individuals to carry a firearm PROVIDED they have been trained, and fully comprehend the consequences of their use of a firearm.

That being said, here is my actual post for this topic:



I am a member of a "concealed carry" organization. This organization advocates and promotes the teaching of firearms safety as well as the use of firearms for personal defense. I do not 'advertise' to the general public that I do indeed often have a firearm either on my person or within reach 95% of the time. The organization issues a newsletter by email on at least a weekly basis. Today's email contained a comment the writer copied from their forum. This comment should make any red-blooded-FREE-American citizen stop and think....

"You would be shocked to know how many people I pull over everyday who hand me a drivers license and a concealed handgun license and when I ask them if they are carrying they tell me no sir. My reply is always, "why?...your gun does you no good at home". People the police can not and will not always be there to help you. Like the saying goes, we are only minutes away when seconds count. Carry your gun when legal."


How often we read about, or see on a news program, or in some cases EXPERIENCE violence. How many situations could have been lessened or totally avoided by the use of a legally carried firearm!? Columbine, Virginia Tech, the Amish school...I could list dozens, but not everyone would be familiar with them.

My point is this...even though the Second Amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms...it does NO GOOD unless we put it into practice!!!

Granted, some Tiodi's should never even look at a gun, but those of us who CAN, SHOULD carry!!!.

Keep in mind, however, when it comes down to an ACTUAL EVENT IN YOUR LIFE, and an individual who is properly trained and licensed to carry uses a firearm to stop a violent attack on YOU or YOUR FAMILY, I would be willing to wager you would THANK THEM!!