Thursday, January 29, 2009

The jobless rate increases...

When I took this job last September, things were looking good for the company. The work load was heavy, and the future for this office looked bright. I was the second, and most experienced, of 3 designers hired. Within the past week, the other two have been dismissed.

Yesterday, the district manager had a meeting with the company president to discusss (among other things, I am certain) the options for this office...one of which is closing the doors and letting the other branches (Charlotte and/or Atlanta) take up the slack. Today, we should get some sort news. We don't know if any or all of us have a job tomorrow. I'm not whining, I know God has His hand in everything.

I just hope and pray that I am able to accept the news, if it's bad for me, in a positive or at least less than sad way....and if it's good for me...I will humbly thank Him.