Sunday, January 24, 2010

New friends...

I met some military men tonite. They are currently stationed at Fort Stewart, GA. They are deploying to the middle east soon. I will begin collecting things to send them care packages. I know first hand how much someone who is away from home enjoys receiving something in the mail. Especially if it's something they want or need.

These brave young men are fighting for me, for you, for the United States!! They are striving to RETAIN the freedoms which our founding fathers fought to GIVE us.

It may be a small jesture, but I feel strongly about supporting our troops! I will do what I can. Maybe it will help them make it thru the more than difficult times they are facing!


God Bless you, men. And THANK YOU!!

God Bless America !!

1 comment:

Chris Stansell said...

I am very thankful for these men. I always look out for them when I travel, especially at airports--they are usually just leaving for deployment, or coming home waiting for a welcome--or a brief trip. And that is usually a hardship leave-like a death in the family. so it is always a good time to slip up to the counter and pay for their food, and just give them a firm handshake and look them in the eye with a sincere thank you. Glad you met them!