Thursday, January 21, 2010

Relationships....

As if I'M one to talk about relationships, huh?

It's just that I have noticed that I am not the only one to have "trouble" with relationships. I have many friends, and some family, who seem to be in a great relationship. But, whether it's with their spouse or love interest or whatever you call it, it just doesn't seem to be working out. Yea, people will disagree, and about ANYTHING. But some things just need to be overlooked!! COPE, people!!!

What? The toothpaste isn't squeezed like you like it? Oh, you don't like the way I fold the towels? I didn't realize you like the toilet paper UNDER and not over! Oops, I think I ran over your cat!

Come on people...why is it so difficult to make a relationship work?!?!?

This much I know: Love is not about YOU and you alone. It's about you AND the one with whom you SHARE the love!!! You can't take and take!! You have to GIVE AND TAKE!! Forget about how you want things done once in a while and just let them have the pleasure of folding the towel in half instead of thirds...IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!!

But, it works both ways.

I try to be a giver. Anything within my power,, I am willing to give or DO for her (whoever "she" is). But I won't be run over either. Make some concessions, but don't be bitter about it!

But don't allow yourself to be run over like a freight train either!!!

I'M JUST SAYIN!!!


(disclaimer: this was not directed at any specific person, it's just my ramblings)