Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Well, it's Saturday again. I only got about 3 hours sleep last night. I drove an hour (to St helena Island) to hear The Groovetones play at a little roadside bar called Weezie's Crab Shack. I have to say it was really a GREAT SHOW! I really enjoy their music. I told Tony, the front man, they are like a cross between Stevie Ray Vaughn and The Fabulous Thunderbirds, with some Huey Lewis tossed into the mix. Their sound is blues, but an upbeat kinda blues. Anyway, I got in at 1:30, then couldn't fall asleep til about 3. Then for some strange reason, I woke up about 10 after 6. Oh well...I have to be at the office by 9, so it'll be ok. I'm sure I'll find time for a nap later.

Met someone nice while waiting for the band to start. A lady named Jean. She lives near there and has only been in the area about a month. We got along nicely and had fun when the band started. We'll see if we talk again...I like making new friends. Who has too many friends, right?

Anyway, it's 37 outside and partly cloudy.

I'm just sayin.....

No comments: