Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Well, my worries about my job are over, for now. With all the re-organization my company has been thru, I have been informed that my job is changing. I am now in complete charge managing the warehouse. This means keeping close tabs on what materials we have on hand, ordering materials, allocating materials for projects, etc.

I will also be responsible for obtaining new inspections. Every building that has a fire sprinkler system installed is required by code to have the system inspected annually. This includes checking the valves for proper functionality, visually inspecting the location of sprinkler heads (if walls are added or shifted, sprinklers are often required to be moved as well), listing any deficiencies noticed, testing antifreeze solutions when applicable, and so on. I will not only be selling inspections, but also performing the work. This can turn into something extremely profitable because EVERY building with sprinklers is required to be inspected. The next time you walk into a store, or an office, look up. If you see sprinklers, there’s a need. I am looking forward to this. It's something I can do, and probably quite successfully. The more new inspections I sell, the more of a percentage I will get as commission!

I'm also excited about seeing the Groovetones again this weekend. Actually, tonight!! They will be playing at the Metropolitan Lounge here in Bluffton. How can I NOT go since this is right around the corner from me! Then, tomorrow night they will be at Weezies in Beaufort. It's a little of a drive, but I am going early to help them set up. Yea, I plan on having a blast!

So...all that, and it's 36 degrees out at 6am... I'm just sayin...

No comments: