Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday, March 14, 2010

I went to Tybee Island to see the Groovetones again last night. They were playing at Cafe Loco, which is just across the bridge as you get onto Tybee. It's a nice place, for being right on the water. The staff was great and the food was better! I don’t know when I had fried shrimp that was that good! There was some kind of class reunion going on, because everyone there knew everyone else! The place was PACKED. The majority of the people were married couples - I could tell by the introductions as they arrived....I happened to get there before the 'Tones and I sat on the porch. They all had a good time when the band started, too. OF COURSE they did...these are The Groovetones!

Today is the widely popular St. Patrick's Day Parade on Hilton Head Island. The guys are playing at a place called Dry Dock, but Tommy Beaumont and his Disco Fever are at Enchilada's. Tommy asked me to shoot some video of his group both IN the parade and at the restaurant after. He mentioned needing some images/video for his website, and the possibility of maybe a bit of $$ for shooting this. SO...of course I will be doing my best to get something he can use!

Next weekend, the Groovetones and Tommy play together at Kanaley’s on the south end. I saw them there once before and they sound great together. I’m looking forward to that too!

It’s 11:40 am, and I’m headed out to the parade. Maybe I can get a decent angle to shoot some video and take some pics!
54 degrees and mostly sunny out!

No comments: