Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday, March 7

What?? Last post was March 4??? Oh how slack of me!!

Let's see...Thursday night I borrowed an HD video camera and filmed my buddies, The Groovetones, at a local music hall called "Bluffton Live." Which means I slept late on Friday and didn’t get up til 7!! SO I dragged myself to work and did my best to finish the list the boss left for me. Almost got it done...I'll go in today and make sure I finish it!

Then Friday, I took the video camera to the "Electric Piano" on the south end of the island and shot some video of Tommy Beaumont with his "Disco Fever" show. They did a good job, but the setting was a bit tough to shoot. I'm trying to upload some of the videos now, so I'll post them as they become available at YouTube.

On the way home from the EP, I stopped by the Metropolitan Lounge to check out the Simpson Brothers. Not too bad for a couple of guys older than me playing all genres of music LOL Funny thing about that was, sittin right there at the bar....Tom Berenger! So I Facebooked it from my cell and wouldn't you know it, some friend girls accused me of making it up!! One of them all but professed her love for the guy! Go figure! The bartender said he comes in often and doesn't mind people taking "fan pics", so I may go back sometime just to get a shot for that friend girl. Might make her day - hahaha.

Yesterday, I took some of the tax refund that came in on Friday and went to Sam's. I left with a 22" flat screen tv with a built in DVD player (it was super cheap), and a 16gig iPod Nano. Yea, I know...I'm one of the last people on earth without an iPod....but not any more! LOL Good thing I already know how to use iTunes...and have a lot of my CDs already imported!

After going to Wild Wing to make an appearance at a friend’s birthday celebration, I headed to St Helena’s Island for a pig pickin. It takes an hour to get there from here, but I knew that when I left. The bbq had been cooking all day, as it is SUPPOSED to, and was fall-off-the-bone delicious! The sauces weren’t bad either. I probably ate too much, but I enjoyed it.

When I got back to Bluffton, I checked my mail and WOOHOO…there’s my SC Tax refund check! Now I can make an appointment for an eye exam!! LOL I know, sad that my budget is that tight…but hey, at least I’m making it work one way or another. I also had a post card from my friend in Africa. She is a funny girl, and knew I would laugh at the pic on that postcard. I did, really…too funny.

Man, this is a long post…oh well.

Anyway, woke up this morning to 38 degrees and clear, but it’s already warmed up to 48. I just might get the bike out and ride some today…

No comments: